Friday, May 2, 2014

MAY: 20 FACTS ABOUT ME!




Time flies so fast that you can even hardly notice that a new month just settled in! Hello May. My birth month! This is also the time where I can see a lot of “May, please be good to me” posts. Annoying right? Haha! Well I’m about to add +1 to my age and I’m getting old. I can’t believe that I’m actually joining the twen-ties club! It’s weird to be referred as a “young adult” when all I could think of is gummy bears, unicorns, patentero, and play games all day long! *Just kidding, but partly true* Stepping into another inevitable process of life – getting old. *sob*


Since I’m turning 20, might as well lists some stuffs, facts, and things that I love! Since I’ve reached these milestone it would be fun to list down all the things that I’ve grown to love and know myself more. 



20 FACTS ABOUT ME:

So let’s start with ..


1.)    EVERYONE CALLS ME BY MY NICKNAME AND ITS DERIVATIVES


-          No one really calls me “Christelle Mae” unless you are one of the admissions of my school *and other formal, strict people you could think of*. Or if you’re the barista who’s taking my order! Apparently, everyone calls me by my nickname “Minggay” and its derivatives. Yes, some people have invented their own  - Monggy, Minggerts, Minglatters, Mongki, Minky, Mingcling, Gugai, Meng, Ming, Gay, Malunggay.. and if you wish, you can add up the existing long list! P.S. I feel uncomfortable and weird when people call me by my real name.



2.) I’M KINDA TALLER THAN YOU THINK! *wink ;)


-          I’m a 5’4”. Yes, I’ve grown enough to be stopped calling
as “putot”. Before I actually lack in the height department. I used to be placed at the front of the line during flag ceremonies until I got to 3rd year highschool when I was placed at the back! *BOOYAH* It felt unusual but damn good it was to feel tall and mingle with tall people and be tall. HAHA! 



3.) THE SHOBE

-          Out of the 6 children? I’m the 6th. The youngest of the fambam! The shobe of the household who gets to do most of the housechores since my other siblings got older and got evicted and “graduated” from doing the said chores.*Hmmp*



4.) TAKING BS BIO AS PRE-MED

-          I’m currently on my 4th year which will officially start in June.



5.) LEARNED DRIVING AT THE AGE OF 17

-          I’ve been driving 3 years now and sadly I’ve lost my drive to drive. Thanks a lot speed limit!



6.) CARNIVAL THEMED DEBUT

-          When I turned 18, I had a carnival themed debut which I was a part of the clown’s tricks. It was such a struggle doing it and my lips are sealed about the details!


7.) I’M A NIGHT OWL *kroo kroo*

-          Figuratively I am but not literally (lol). I stay up on the wee hours of the night and sleeps late even if I have an early morning class. Yep, I’m sleep deprived all the time which results to food binging by day.



8.) WATCHED FROZEN ALONE.. IN THE CINEMAS

-          Yep, you read that right. Well, as you can see I was supposed to watch it with a company but because timing’s a b*tch and I got scared that I won’t be able to watch it on the cinemas because I thought they’re going to have a "next picture". P.S. It was actually my first time to watch a movie alone in the cinemas and unbelievably it was FUN~


9.) BIGGEST REGRET? ENDING MY BALLET/PIANO CARRER



-          Who knows? I could be a star prancing and dancing and playing to stardom! I could be performing at the stage right now! Haha. But seriously though I could be so skinny and might have incalculable callouses on my fingers!




10.) NOVEL & HIGHLIGHTER ARE ALWAYS A PAIR




-          Whenever I read a novel or a book, a highlighter is a must! Without it there is no reading ever happening. Yes, I am serious! I like to highlight the lines that I like or has struck me because whenever I’m done with the book I like to scan back and just read all the colourful words. As you can see, I'm a bibliophile, I read a lot of books/novels. I could be stuck in an island and read all day and night (if there's a source of light! lol) without ever getting bored!



11.) I HAVE A SERIOUS CASE OF WANDERLUST. MAJOR!





-          To travel. That is my biggest aspiration. To be able to explore and wander and learn and expose myself to different cultures would be a milestone! I have this undeniable desire to travel and I will soon see myself doing this. *Fingers crossed* Care to join in my odyssey filled with adventures?



12.) I CHANGE MY HAIR REGULARLY



- I get bored so easily with my hair that I cut it often. The drastic change I’ve ever done was when I bravely decided to join the pixie cut club! Blame it on Emma Watson and Michelle Willliams and Ginnifer Goodwin and Anne Hathaway and Jeniffer Lawrence and a lot more of celebrities! 



13.) INDIE JUNKIE

-          My phone and lappy’s playlist is mainly composed of indies and filled with bands/musicians you haven’t heard of. This is also why my friends call me weird. Haha! This is the part where they tell me that my playlist is unrelatable and out of this world. P.S. I love weird. I love me.



14.) I’VE NEVER BEEN ADMITTED TO A HOSPITAL. EVER!

-          Not that I’m hoping but I’m proud though! My immune system is one tough armor to beat!



15.) COLD vs HOT = COLD!


-          I’d rather be piling layers of clothes to the point that I can’t feel my body anymore rather than perspiring with sticky icky sweat. That’s why whenever its sweater weather I get so giddy happy! 


16.) MORE OF A TEA PERSON THAN A COFFEE PERSON




  
Though I really like the smell of coffee, you’ll usually find me sipping or drinking a big gulp of teas! I’m fond of going to coffee shops but I’m not there for coffee but for teas, hot or cold!



17.) SWEET TOOTH

-          I’m glad my teeth are still intact despite binging on sweets! I. JUST. LOVE. THEM! I could be diabetic. *I hope not*


18.) MUSICALLY INCLINED? NOT!

-          I only know one song in guitar and that is Passenger seat as well as in piano which is twinkle twinkle little star. HAHAHAHAHA! Please don’t laugh at me.



19.) I HAVE AFFINITY TO ITALIAN CUISINE AND WRAPPED FOODS

-          I guess I was an Italian in my before life because I really like pasta and pizzas. I also like food that are wrapped like tacos and burritos which is such a struggle and messy to eat on public but that doesn’t  stop me from eating them!



20.) PESCETARIAN FOR 1 YEAR & 2 MONTHS

-          I haven’t eaten red and poultry meat for over a year now. I’m all seafood, veggies, & fruits. You should try it! Not only it can benefit you but it can help save animals and the environment.




No comments:

Post a Comment