Monday, November 18, 2013

DIY: FEATHERED HEADPIECE



People (Including you, I guess) have seen me wearing this thing above my head during the Carte Blanche 2013 event last November 16. To answer all the questions: I didn't bought it I made it! (Standing ovation for me please!) 

So I'm taking you to a journey of step-by-step on how on earth did I make it!
So here it goes..

STEP #1

1.) Before everything else, you need to assess what materials you're going to use.
Note:Squeeze all those creative juices out!


And oh, I also used a tribal cloth (not pictured)

STEP #2


 2.) Cut the cardboard according to your desired length and width. You got to base it according to the size of your head. (Of course, you silly!) 

STEP #3


3.) I covered mine with a tribal cloth. Cut the cloth according to the length and width of your cardboard and make sure that the cloth is glued to the cardboard.

STEP #4


4.) Before gluing the feathers to the cloth and cardboard, arrange first the feathers according to your desired placement. And remember to have fun designing! ;)

STEP #5


5.) When you've already decided your design. Start gluing them. As for me, I started gluing the dark colored feathers then followed by the colorful ones. 

STEP #6



6.) After gluing all the feathers. Start gluing the rhinestones afterwards.



AND VIOLA!
The finished product..

Right side:

 Left side:

 P.S you can add more stuffs (like beads, strings, buttons, everything!) to your feathered headpiece. Be more creative and have fun!!!

P.S.S try to be more careful in making artsy-crafts I got a lot of burn and cuts (Wanted: Scissors & Gluesticks) Pssh, clumsy me. Haha!


Made & Photos by: Yours truly! ;)

I certainly left a mark during the Carte Blanche 2013 :)

Just easy right? Start making yours now!

No comments:

Post a Comment